The Safe and the Mystery

Posted: August 17, 2015 in Opinions and Observations, Poetry
Tags: , , , , ,

Lyrics or poetry? You decide…

Nothing but Memories”                                                       ©  MSK 3-2014

I feel like I have nothing

‘Cause you keep reminding me.

Even if I have nothing;

I have my memories.

As long as I have my memories

I will have enough.

You are my everything

Lost; you keep on finding me

The Safe and the Mystery;

Love: knows where it wants to be

Thunder doesn’t frighten us

Creatures howling in the night

Would more likely delight us.

To sit under open skies.

As long as we have open skies

The heavens will be free

For as long as it wants

The reason is “because”.

Because I’m the one that flaunts;

I’m guilty of the crime.

As long as I have my memories

I will have enough.

You are my everything

Lost; you keep on finding me

The Safe and the Mystery;

Love: knows where it wants to be

Comments
  1. Sweet! I specially like this, “Because I’m the one that flaunts;

I’m guilty of the crime.”

• midimike says:

Great. I am glad you caught that. It is a little out of the theme of the poem/lyric (still to be decided LOL) but the thought hit me and I let it carry itself into this post. Thank you a bunch!

2. bino32 says:

Aren’t lyrics some form of poetry as well? And can’t poetry be used as lyrics? We’re at some kind of a literary standoff here, I guess 🙂

3. eoghanmoylan says:

Really nicely done. Very impressed!

Liked by 1 person

4. If you can set it to music…lyrics.

Liked by 1 person

5. “as long as I have my memories, I will have enough.. ” you made me cry 😢 Very deep…

Liked by 1 person

6. Set it to some fragile accoustic guitar, and….Voila!

Liked by 1 person

7. Yet, love is usually never where you want it. This is brilliant! Poetry or lyrics, love it!

Liked by 1 person

8. I love it! Put it to music, defo!!!!

9. dray0308 says:

I would say both. I am not familiar with the technical poetry traits, I only know what i like when i read it and i liked this! Danny

10. cxnderella says:

A work of art. I felt like my heartstrings were being tugged while reading. Amazing work 🙂

Liked by 1 person

11. Wonderful. I read it out loud and it had its own rhythm and cadence through out the whole piece, so nicely aligned with the sentiment. Yet it so easily could be wonderful lyrics to a song. I suppose my little rant is when some person gives me sh*t for writing poetry when they wouldn’t mind if put the same thing to music.

• midimike says:

Thank you! I like your view of aligning with the sentiment. I have not thought of it that way but you are very correct. Great observation! I am not a purest; if the application feels good and looks good and sounds good…. it probably is!

12. complexlyme says:

This is the music of a heart, so lyrics.
    Or if I see it the other way, it is born from the heart, so poetry.
    I’ll say, lyrics doesn’t happen without poetry.

And this is a really interesting blog you have up here! I’m glad you found me, thank you for the follow 🙂
    Music has always been something very close to my heart… so I guess, I’ll be strolling here very often. 😀
    Nice to know about you!

• midimike says:

It is a more complex question than it sounds! Much is on the eye of the beholder, but we all have experiences that lean us one way or the other. I agree most lyrics don’t happen without poetry. Glad to meet you and I truly hope you get something out of my blog, and feel free to stop by anytime!

13. rubiredsaid says:

I find your poetry has many sentiments that many can relate to! When one has everything(or so they feel) dissatisfaction comes from still not having what they truly want!(referring to an earlier read of yours)!
    All poems for me are songs and vice versa, but there are things we need to hear spoken and others appreciated as in music. It’s an honour to come across your talents and a pleasure to follow you!
    Best wishes!