*Please see previous post if you are interested in the story behind why I wrote this song. *

Lost Love”   86 bpm  © MSK 6-2004

We’d been together just a little while

Each day melted into the other.

Daylight through the evenings we danced,

Completely consumed by one another.

As life went on our love got stronger.

My friends thought that it would never last.

I know all things come to an end.

Just didn’t think it would be so fast.

It’s been a long number of years now gone

How many more I don’t really know.

Everyday I try to say good bye,

but For some reason I just can’t let you go.

And he said, ‘son, if ignorance is bliss,

You must be a very happy man’.

Memories of your Lost Love might never go away,

But everyone else you love can.

Father and son, we were never far apart

Through ups and downs, good and the bad

We stood so proud; laughing together.

I’d wait forever but you won’t be back.

When my sister died I found myself crying.

Weeks upon weeks and still to this day

I realize I’m thinking about her

As I’m wiping my tears away.

Son, if ignorance is bliss,

You must be a very happy man.

Memories of your Lost Love might never go away,

But everyone else you know can.

Share what you have, help those in need

Focus on the people around you.

Ask us for help, talk to your friends

You’ll feel so much better when you do.

It’s been a long number of years now gone

How many more I don’t really know.

Everyday I try to say good bye,

But for some reason I just can’t let you go.

Comments
  1. cote8050 says:

Very nice, and it is so hard to let go… I have lost parents and grandparents and aunts and uncles and while it is very sad and I miss them all, as you say, it is expected to loose older family members, that’s not saying it is easy but just more acceptable. When you loose someone young, like your sister and for me, it was my love, he was only 52, it is a whole different story, I just can’t let go and still cry over him after almost four years… I don’t think it will ever end, not until I do. Lovey work here, thank you for shareing a painful time so beautifully. Michelle

Liked by 1 person

• midimike says:

I do understand. The loss is never easy and while you can be prepared for the eventuality, that does not prepare us for the emptiness that can follow. I am sorry you lost your love way too soon. Try to surround yourself with happy and pleasant memories (pictures, letters, works of art you shared) and this might sound strange, but ‘practice’ smiling when you look at them. Going forward you might be able to tun those tears to joy as I am sure your true love would want you to do. Take care and you are very welcome. Through sharing we can understand loneliness is not the only option and that the emptiness will end.

2. GOOD. REBLOGGED. But who said it was good to let it go? We only do this by letting ourselves go, and how impossible is this, really, despite what gurus say. Keep it, I say. It is part of your now as long as you keep it.

Liked by 1 person

• midimike says:

Very Good! I do not think you can actually let go, but I think the point of my father’s words are to look for YOUR path out. It might be different than mine, but there is a path. For me I try to change the devastating effect of emptiness and sadness. Not to forget. Not to hide or ignore it. As you stated, that is impossible.

3. Tom Robinson says:

the struggling you express in your song does deep. nothing answers. it is deep.

Liked by 1 person

4. I love this so much!!

Liked by 1 person

5. midimike says:

That might be the best strategy!

6. ĽAdelaide says:

I am deeply touched by your words of love and loss… an eternal struggle, a forever walk with stars, no? Thank you for being open to sharing such beautiful wounds. I hope that makes sense! Namaste.

Liked by 1 person

• midimike says:

That makes absolute sense to me! A forever walk with stars – great imagery! You are very welcome. Thank you for the encouragement. It makes sharing difficult subjects worth the effort!

Liked by 1 person